The world is a crazy place and, thanks to the Internet, we have access endless information about this crazy place. Is it too much information? I feel like I get my mind blown by something every single day. Here are some facts I learned just from today that you probably never thought about before.
1. If you keep walking east you will always be walking east.
But if you keep walking north, eventually you will be walking south.
2. Eagles mate while in the air.
It helps with their courtship process apparently.
3. Only 2 accidents have occurred with a Google self-drive car.
One time it was being driven manually. One time it wasn’t being driven at all.
4. Canada is a word from one of the original native tribes meaning ‘Big Village’.
5. If you stretched out all the DNA in your body it would be 6 times the distance from the Sun to Pluto.
Each one of your cells has about 3 meters of DNA and you have 10 trillion cells in your body.
6. Coconuts kill more people than sharks every year.
Typically this is due to coconuts falling from surrounding trees.
7. Giraffes can go without water longer than camels can.
The high water content in the leaves they eat makes it so they don’t need to drink water as much.
8. For at least a short amount of time you were the youngest person on earth.
A probably minuscule amount of time.
9. There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on Earth.
There are as much as 10 sextillion grains of sand on Earth but there is estimated to be 4 times more stars in the Universe.
10. The total weight of all the ants on earth is greater than the total weight of all humans.
There are 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants and only 7 billion humans.
11. Wombats poop cubes.
It helps keep the poop in place for territorial purposes.
12. Horses can’t breath through their mouths.
The thin layer of skin that keeps them from inhaling food also prevents them from taking in air through it.
13. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
Camel meat is a delicacy and the Middle Eastern country does not have enough apparently.
14. There is an immortal jellyfish.
It is the only animal capable of reverting back to a sexually immature stage after reaching sexual maturity.
15. In Uganda there is a tribe called Buganda and their language is Luganda.
Just because we graduated from school doesn’t mean we have to stop learning. Use the Internet to your advantage. If there is something you want to know about, investigate it! It will only make you smarter and the world better. Share this new knowledge with your friends! Let us know what you think in the comment below: