Individuals frequently associate the expression “I know that I know nothing.” to Socrates. We will never ever understand if Plato composed that down properly, however it still is true. More people have to acknowledge simply how little we understand about the world. It can be a fantastic thing to understand, that we’re all discovering brand-new things everyday. Just as these 17 unknown, however awesomely odd, truths.
1. After getting struck by lightning, you can be left this odd tattoo pattern called a “Lichtenberg figure”, a momentary mark that includes fractals.
2. Lobsters do not appear to age. They do not pass away of old age, but external factors.
3. Neil Armstrong went through customs in Hawaii on his way back from the moon.
4. The rings of Saturn are just 30 feet thick.
5. Figs have dead wasps within them. The wasps pollinate the figs by entering them, laying their eggs, and consequently died inside. In there, they are absorbed by unique enzymes within the fig.
6. At its launch, the iPhone had the very same computing power as NASA in 1969 when it released the historic manned mission to the moon.
7. Elvis was a natural blonde throughout his teenage years. When he had his hair cut for the army at age 22, it was chestnut. Then, he colored it black.
8. “Happy Birthday” is copyrighted. Warner/Chappell Music owns the copyright and the business continues to firmly insist that a person can not sing the “Happy Birthday to You” lyrics for profit without paying royalties. In 2008, Warner collected about $5,000 daily ($ 2 million each year) in royalties for the song.
9. More people have actually died from drowning molasses than from coyote attacks.
10. The typical chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
11. While resting on a chair, raise your right foot off the flooring and make clockwise circles. While doing that, draw the number 6 with your right hand. The direction of your foot will alter.
12. There are more synapses in your brain than there are stars in our galaxy.
13. The “gateway to Hell” in Turkmenistan measures 60 meters broad and 20 meters deep. It is a huge gas crater, continuously burning and giving off sulfur.
14. If you could fold a piece of paper 42 times, it would be thick enough to reach the moon. It’s impossible, but the math checks out.
15. Cigarettes were being promoted as good for your health in the 1950s.
16. About half of all U.S. presidents are left-handed.
It’s safe to state that I definitely did not know any of that. Share these cool (however completely odd) truths with your friends.