You may go through life, thinking that you know all that there is to know… but you’d be dead wrong. In fact, there are lots of things that you have experienced in your life that you probably haven’t thought about properly. When you do, after you read these pieces of strange trivia, you’ll feel blown away. What were you like as a baby? How big is the universe? How old is the oldest person alive? All of these questions (and more) will soon be answered. You might just have a headache after you read through these…
1. The 2nd player in Duck Hunt could control the ducks.
2. If you’re in a group of 70 people or more, there is a 99.9% chance two will share the same birthday.
3. There are more possible permutations of the 52 cards in a standard deck than there have been seconds SINCE the Big Bang.
4. Everyone in the world has been an infant… but no one knows what it’s like to be one.
5. Ireland’s population has never fully recovered from the Great Potato Famine of the 1800s.
6. 1 day on Venus is longer than 1 year on Earth.
7. A human male’s genitals contain enough blood to power three gerbils (eww).
8. Once you’re dead, no one else will remember your memories.
9. Mars’s population consists entirely of robots. (Watch your back.)
10. When caterpillars undergo metamorphosis, they basically become liquid and then reform back into butterflies.
11. Only 66 years passed between man achieving flight… and then flying to the moon.
12. The fax machine was invented the same year as people were on the Oregon Trail (and their oxen died when they tried to fjord the river).
13. You can spell “upside down” upside down by using the letters “umop apisdn”.
14. Mike Powell set the long jump record at 29 feet. He launched himself 30 feet forward to do so.
15. Private Wojtek was a (real) Syrian brown bear cub found in Iran and adopted by soldiers of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company of the Polish II Corps in World War II.
16. People born blind have never seen a smile… but know to make one when they are happy.
17. There are more atoms in a glass of water than there are stars in the universe.
18. You always see your nose, but your brain filters it out.
19. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto (17 million square km compared to 16.6 million square km).
20. Being the oldest person alive means that EVERYONE alive at the time of your birth is now dead.
21. France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars was released.
22. When you say the word “crisp,” the word travels from the back of your mouth to the front.
23. If all 7 billion people on earth moved to Texas, it would have the population density of New York City.
There are so many strange aspects of life you probably haven’t thought about before even in addition to these. Take some time every day to sit back and think. After all, some day you won’t have any more time to do so. Share this odd trivia with others.