This post brought to you by Zyrobotics. The content and opinions expressed below are that of JiggaBOOM!.
ZyroMath City Count is an integrated switch-accessible runner-game for young children and children with special needs that keeps kids math motivated. Kids can test their reflexes as their robot Zyro races through the city, collecting stars and power-ups that give them special powers. Kids just touch to jump and avoid obstacles, and can use their math points to buy super-power characters and prizes in the ZyroStore.
Key Features of ZyroMath:
- Learn to count up to 100 by ones and tens
- One-touch input for help in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
- Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids
- Beginner, Advanced, and Expert mode to to provide easy-selectable options based on the motor skill level or cognitive skill level of the child
- Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess or Zumo)
- A customizable learning mode than can learn optimal game settings to personalize settings to the needs of the child
- Customizable settings, such as the ability to remove obstacles or reduce game speed, to increase access for children of all skill levels and abilities
- Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn through repetition
- Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
- Reporting option enables parents, teachers, and clinicians to monitor their child’s progress in mastery of the educational content
- Includes the ZyroStore where kids can buy characters or prizes as a motivational reward for reinforcement and to encourage repeated math play
- App is linked to math standards so can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
- Stores information for multiple-users so can keep profiles saved for a group of children
- This app does not share personal information. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
- Development of this application was partially sponsored by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) of the U.S. Department of Education.
Zyrobotics, LLC is an inclusive technology company. Its mission is to enable freedom through technology by developing products that are adaptive to each individual’s capabilities. For children, our products uniquely focus on accessible play. Zyrobotics’ first product offerings include accessible interfaces and smart toys, socially assistive robots, and a suite of educational and therapy apps that are specially designed to enable play. The company was officially incorporated in 2013 as a Georgia Tech Venturelab spin-off company.