A lot can happen in the blink of an eye. Astonishing things can occur in a split of a second, things that happen so quickly our eyes can’t see it. That’s where high speed photography comes in. High speed photography is the art of photographing a rapidly occurring event, an exciting area of photography that captures some amazing images. The close-up splash of a drop of rain in perfect focus, a boxer’s face shifting as he gets punched, bullet tearing through a playing card, these are all wonderful examples of high-speed photos.
1. Drops of water in a palm.
2. Colorful liquid.
3. The moment after a drop lands in water.
4. Shooting an egg.
5. Hollow point bullet through a can of Pabst beer.
7. Marbles landing on a bubble.
8. Amazing colors.
9. A splash of color.
10. Breaking a wine glass.
11. The moment a water balloon pops.
12. Water balloon pricked by a needle.
13. Droplets on a face.
14. Light bulb explosion.
15. Colorful liquid.
16. A splash of coffee.
17. Milk droplet in colored water.
18. Whisky to the face.
19. Shower cap of water.
20. Water on fingers.
21. Bullet goes through three water balloons.
22. Milk splashing into coffee.
23. Bullet through a red light bulb (the hand is made of rubber).
24. Shooting a strawberry.
25. Bullet through a balloon.
27. Summer time.
28. Apple falling into water.
29. An exploding paintball.
30. Water on an electric razor.
31. Bullet splits the Ace of Spades.
32. Punching water.
33. The moment a boxer gets punched in the face.
34. Hammer destroys a bottle of beer.
35. Glasses sliding on a table.
36. Girl flicks her wet hair back.
37. Drops of water.
38. “Lights out”.
39. Sliced orange landing in water.
40. Popping a soap bubble.
The spirit of photography is in the capturing of a moment. Life can move quickly sometimes and passes by in a blur, but with technology we can now capture all these incredible moments that happen to quickly for our eyes to see. Share these examples of of High Speed Photography with your friends.