You come home to find the garbage pail knocked over and its gross contents strewn about your house. Or maybe your couch pillows have been mangled, filling the living room with fluffy carnage. “What happened?” you moan. But there’s one thing for certain.
Your dog didn’t do it. No way. Look at that face. Your dog was sleeping like a little angel, or waiting loyally for you to come home. They have no idea how the garbage got knocked over or how the pillows got shredded or who ever could have done something like chew completely through the remote. They blame the cat, really. That cat is always up to no good.
If this sounds familiar, enjoy this gallery of totally not guilty dogs looking anything but guilty.
1. “Wait, are you saying I’m doing this wrong?”
2. “It was burglars. They were after your pillow foam. I saved the day!”
3. “It was all the little one! I swear!”
4. “Mess? I have no idea what you’re talking about. You should be concentrating on how cute I am!”
5. “What? No, my legs have always been black. And damp.”
6. “I’m really just as shocked as you are. We’ll get through this together. By which I mean you clean this up and give me dinner
7. “It’s a good thing that gate was up. Otherwise whoever did this might have gone really nuts!”
8. “No, I’ve just been chewing on my bone. See? Bone. Whole time.”
9. “Heh heh. Those, um, those are the ones I bought. With my dog money.”
10. “It was the cat. I tried to stop him.”
11. “Did you know that bags of dirt can just explode? Really weird, man…”
On a serious note, though, dogs will destroy things if they are bored or anxious, so make sure your dog gets plenty of play and exercise and spend lots of quality time with them!